So, the other day I went to a bakery and got THE BEST peanut butter cake EVER. I’m seriously drooling right now just thinking about it. It was amazing, and I know if i buy it again it will be gone in a second. SO!
I thought I’d give a go to making one by myself.
I opted to go with whole wheat flour and I did use some butter to line my pan. oops. You can replace that with coconut oil for a healthier version.
You can also sup the eggs for chia or flax egg to keep in vegan!
Ugh. I love how creamy the consistency is!
So here are the 8 ingredients needed for this recipe.
Whole wheat flour (or gluten free flour)
Brown Sugar / Coconut sugar
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BREAD
- Preheat oven to 180°C and spray a cake pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Add the 4 eggs in your Blender bowl (or Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl and let rest for 5 minutes to activate), the baking soda, baking powder and brown sugar. Blend.
- When the mixture turns smooth add the flour little by little while slowly blending.
- Using a food processor, add bananas and peanut butter and blend thoroughly.
- Add in the banana and peanut butter to the main mixture while continuously mixing.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 45 minutes. When ready, poke a knife through, it should come out clean.
- Let cool so it hardens up a bit – I love the crunchy outside.
Also, share a picture of your @SoftDlight homemade healthy peanut butter banana cake and tag me on Instagram with hashtag #SoftDlight, to get a chance to be featured on our Instagram!