Craving something sweet? Its Christmas season and we’ve got around 4 boxes filled with naughty Christmas treats around the house! If you’re anything like me – if you have something in front of you, you’ll eat it. So I had to do something that would steer me away from those sugar packed boxes. That’s where these Bliss Balls come in. Crunchy goodness in a single bite!
15 minutes in the kitchen
Lets do this!
The awesome thing is that you can add or subtract any flavors of your choice. If your into peanut butter, by all means add some! Mmmm…peanut butter. Ok, definitely doing that next time!
You’re pretty much blending everything and then your done. Yes it’s that simple.
Take a spoonful and.. either just eat straight from the bowl – or roll them up into little bliss balls.
Then roll the balls around in the toppings of your choice. I left some topless, others with cacao and some with coconut so that there’s variety!
Give them a try and tell me what you think! They would also make for a nice little gift to bring if you are invited to a dinner or Christmas party.
- 125g Ditted Dates
- 65g Cashews
- 65g Desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- Leave cashews in a bowl of water to soak for 5 minutes.
- Blend the cashews in a blender or processor.
- Add dates, coconut, chia seeds and cacao powder and pulse until combined. You want everything to be in tiny pieces and to have lot of texture.
- Scoop up 1 Tbsp at a time and hand roll into balls.
- To set – put in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes. You can eat these straight away but I like letting them harden a bit.
- Keep in an air-tight bag or tuper and keep for up to a week.
I definitely won’t be reaching for the refined sugar treats now that I have these in the fridge! If you’re up for trying this recipe let me know by leaving a comment or by snapping a pic and tagging #SoftDlight on Instagram. Would love to see what flavors you come up with!